ZIP BOOK LIMIT EXTENDED!!
The ZIP Books service is completely free for you and is provided by a grant funded by the Library Services and Technology Act, managed by the Califa Group and the California State Library.
ZIP Books Requests are ordered and shipped for free directly to your mailing address by a third-party vendor. The Zip Book will be checked out on your library account for 5-6 weeks. Please hand the item directly to library staff after Covid-19 restrictions are lifted or within 4-6 weeks after receiving it in the mail. DVDs, music CDs and pre-publication items are not available with this service. This service is available to Mendocino County Library general cardholders only.
Zip Books Requests continue to be available to Mendocino County General Cardholders during this time and can be shipped directly to you.
- The two item limit has been lifted and you may request up to 5 items per month, through April 7th (date may change).
- We are now accepting requests for Best Sellers and titles we already have in the catalog (restrictions apply).
- You may keep your item(s) until the library is accepting returns.
- Reminder: To qualify the item must not be available in the Find Catalog and the cost of the item needs to be under $50/books or $75/Audio Books.
- Books are ordered through our approved vendor, Amazon. Submit a request here https://www.mendolibrary.org/books-materials/zip-book-request-only
Please keep in mind that there may be delays in shipping as Amazon prioritizes delivery of essential products at this time.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the California State Library and Califa. The Project is funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act. Zip Books is administered in California by the State Librarian.