The mission of the Friends of the Long Valley Public Library is to facilitate the joyful experience of reading and learning. The Friends group is dedicated to raising funds to support this goal by covering Long Valley Public Library needs not provided by the Mendocino County Library System. We intend to provide a welcoming, multicultural, respectful, community-based library experience for all
The Book Room
Old Laytonville High School
200 Branscomb Rd.
Or mail to:Friends of the Long Valley Public Library
P O Box 143
Laytonville, CA 95454
- The Friends are committed to providing increased access to reading, literacy and a culture of curiosity in our community
- The Book Sale - Come browse a wide variety of fiction, non-fiction and kid's books at VERY reasonable prices
- Open every Friday from 1:00 - 6:00 PM
- Literacy tutoring
- Credit for volunteers in high school
- Story Time for the younger kids
- Providing low- or no-cost books for children to other local groups providing similar services
Want to Help?
Don't have a lot of time but want to give back to your community? Here are some things you can do...
Volunteer to Work at the Book Sale!
Become a Member!
Teach Someone to Read (or read better)!
Literacy Volunteers of America in Willits provides training and materials so YOU can be a literacy tutor right here in Laytonville. Tutors have one student and the complete support of the Literacy Volunteers group. Tutors and students usually meet once a week.
Get out There and Promote!
Spend a few hours manning (or womanning) a booth at local events like the Healthy Start Spring Faire or Halloween Carnival. Join a friend to "Table" at Geiger's Market or the Post Office signing up new members and letting the community know what the Friends of the Long Valley Public Library does.
Shawn Haven 707-354-3080 or email
Check us out or message us on Facebook