InterLibrary Loans are Available
ZIP Book requests are PAUSED due to State Library funding pause .
We are accepting returns of previous Zip Book items. Due to COVID-19 precautions, when returning, please place your Zip item in a paper bag with your email on the outside or a note with your name and "ZIP RETURN" taped or written on the outside
When the Zip Book Program resumes we will return to our normal borrowing limits outlined below:
Please ask a staff member if you need assistance submitting these forms online.
The library currently has access to a free Interlibrary Loan option called ZIP Books.
ZIP Books Requests
- Are ordered and shipped for free
- Ship directly to your mailing address by a third-party vendor
- The Zip Book will be checked out on your library account for 5-6 weeks
- Please hand the item directly to library staff within 4-6 weeks after receiving it in the mail.
- Limit one book at a time per person — after previous ZIP Book is returned
- DVDs and music CDs are not available
- Mendocino County Library general cardholders only
No pre-publication items
The ZIP Books service is completely free for you and is provided by a grant funded by the Library Services and Technology Act, managed by the Califa Group and the California State Library.
Your ZIP Books request must be returned to the library before placing another ZIP Books request.
You also have the option to place a standard ILL request for a $2.00 non-refundable fee. Items requested are preferably more than one year old. Most libraries will not ship music CD and DVD ILLs.
Select an Interlibrary Loan option to proceed:
- ZIP Books Request only - Free
- Standard ILL Request only - $2.00 each
- ZIP Books Request - free - or Standard ILL Request - $2.00 each